Star of India is a 13 year-old Indian cuisine restaurant that had its first location in Troy, moving to Ferndale in 2003. Star of India offers different vegetarian and meat and fish dishes cooked in Indian spices. The restaurant has the capacity of 75 people and it takes phone orders for pick-ups. The space is also used for private parties.
- Hours: Lunch hours: Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 2:30pm; Sat, noon - 2:30pm. Dinner hours: Mon - Fri, 5pm - 10pm; Sat, 5pm - 10:30pm; Sun, 4:30pm - 8:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking available.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Indian breads, chicken, meat and seafood dishes, Indian vegetable dishes, soups and Biryani.
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: ferndaleindianfood.blogspot.com
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Indian
- Price level: $$
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual