John F. Kennedy School
John F. Kennedy School is located in Oak Park and is a K-6 magnet school in the Ferndale Public School district.
The Ferndale Open Classroom program was established in the 1980s. The program is project-based and aims to develop student independence and responsibility, stressing self-motivation and self-confidence. Parent participation is required and each family is asked to volunteer a minimum of 40 hours a year for the school.
John F. Kennedy's principal is Pauline K. Nagle and she can be reached at email@example.com.
- Fax: 248-586-8780
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3:21pm
- Handicap Accessible: The facility is handicapped accessible.
- Number of students: 400
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Michigan Green School
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20-to-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 39
- How engaged is the school with the community?: John F. Kennedy hosts an annual, all-district fall festival for the entire community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 6
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Student clubs: Jump Rope Club, Green Team