Ferndale Middle School
Ferndale Middle School is attached to the Ferndale High School. The FMS staff participates in the North Central Association (NCA) accreditation process. The NCA's ongoing goals include developing and improving student reading, writing and behavior. Professional staff training includes bully-proofing, differentiating instruction and science training. FMS students are offered a wide variety of daily arts opportunities such as wind ensemble, symphony and jazz band, concert and fiddler's orchestra and advance, concert and jazz choir.
- Fax: 248-586-8834
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:35am - 2:40pm
- Handicap Accessible: There's elevators, ramp access and handicap parking.
- Number of students: 400
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Michigan Green School
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24-to-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 39
- How engaged is the school with the community?: A number of clubs hold community fundraisers throughout the year.
- Grade levels: 7 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Various, see FMS website for complete listing.
- Student clubs: Various, see FMS website for complete listing.
- Sports teams: Various, see FMS website for complete listing.