Ferndale High School is located in the southwestern edge of town, along Pinecrest Drive. The school serves Ferndale and Pleasant Ridge, as well as portions of Royal Oak Township and Oak Park. The school offers a number of clubs and activities, as well as regionally recognized athletic programs and an award winning marching band. Principal Herbert Ivory, an alumnus of Grant School and Ferndale High School, has been principal of FHS since 1998. In 2006, Ivory won the South Oakland County NAACP Freedom Fighter Award for his long-time contribution to Ferndale Public Schools.
Beyond the core curriculum, FHS offers an extensive lineup of award-winning performing arts, physical education, advanced placement and honors courses. Furthermore, students can select advanced placement courses through the Center for Advanced Studies and the Arts (CASA).
FHS principal Herbert Ivory can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: 248-586-8620
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking and curb access
- Number of students: 1,000
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Graduation rate (%): 82
- Accreditation/licenses: Accreditation from the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 26-to-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 55
- How engaged is the school with the community?: FHS has many clubs and activities, such as school performing arts, senior luncheons and career fairs that reach out to the community.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced placement courses are available through CASA
- Extracurricular activities available: SADD, National Honor Society, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Student clubs: Art Club, Black History Club, Chess Club, Diversity Club, Interact, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Pit Orchestra, Thespians, WINGS, Yearbook
- Sports teams: Cheerleading, Football, Cross Country, Wrestling, Bowling, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Swimming, Softball, Golf, Track