The second annual Pig and Whiskey event will return to downtown Ferndale this weekend where residents can enjoy BBQ, whiskey sampling and outdoor entertainment.
Metro Times is partnering with for the event, which will close E. Troy Street. The event aims to showcase the area's best barbecue restaurants, highlight unique and delicious pork, beef and barbecue dishes, and offer samples of bourbon, scotch, and whiskey brands. A beer tent will also be available.
The event is free and open to all ages. Check out a from last year's Pig and Whiskey event.
Need to Know
- What: Second annual Pig & Whiskey
- Where: Downtown Ferndale, E. Troy Street
- When: Saturday 11 a.m. to midnight; and Sunday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Pre-party Friday 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Cost: Free to attend. Food and drinks for cash purchase.
- What else: Event will go on rain or shine. See the full entertainment schedule here. A "cocktail corner" will feature the best whiskey cocktails from local bartenders, and a game area will offer classic outdoor activities like washer toss and four-square ball. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House.