The 18th Annual Ferndale Woodward Dream Cruise rolls out Aug. 16-18 featuring classic cars, live music, family-friendly activities and more.
The Woodward Dream Cruise began in 1995 by Ferndale resident Nelson House and a dedicated group of volunteers. Since then, the cruise has grown to a 16-mile radius, includes nine communities along Woodward Avenue and has become known as the largest car cruiser event in the world.
Ferndale Dream Cruise 2012
Here's the schedule of events for the Ferndale Dream Cruise. For more information, visit www.FerndaleDreamCruise.com.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- 3-9 p.m.
- Live entertainment: Paisley Fogg at 6 p.m.; and Rock Bottom Band at 8 p.m.
- Kids Play Zone and Cruis’n Food Court and more.
Friday, Aug. 17
- 12-9 p.m.
- The Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show from 1-8 p.m. will feature classic and new police, fire, ambulance, county, state, military and federal vehicles from across Metro Detroit and Canada.
- The Woodward Dream Cruise Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at 5 p.m. will celebrate its 18th commemoration and will officially begin the historical cruiser event.
- Lights and Sirens Cruise at 5:30 p.m.
- All of these activities will happen on East Nine Mile.
- Live entertainment: Groove Band at 4 p.m.; Clear Avenue Band at 6 p.m.; Toppermost, a Beatles Tribute Band, at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 18
- 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- This day will contain the bulk of the cruising action, with highlights such as the Ferndale Classics & Cruis’n Legends Vehicle Show and the Mustang Alley, starting at 10 a.m. Together, these two shows will include nearly 800 vehicles on both East Nine Mile (Woodward to Hilton) and Vester (Woodward to Bermuda).
- Live entertainment: Crewsade at 1 p.m.; Acoustic Brothers at 3 p.m.; Full Tilt Band at 5:30 p.m.; and SHOUT! a Beatles Tribute Band, at 7:30 p.m.
- Michigan Gumball Rally (Saturday only, from Allen to Planavon)
All three days
West Nine Mile Road from Woodward to Allen is where all the festival action will take place, including:
- Rock’n Live Entertainment Stage
- Cars In Art, which will feature local artists painting automotive murals on the body of cargo vans while the Restoration Academy, a team of Metro Detroit students and retired automotive engineers, will build a classic car on location.
- Kids Play Zone
- Food Court
- Merchant Vendors
- Ford Built Tough Trucks