When Ferndale City Council meets tonight at 7:30 in , it will address a number of matters on the agenda. Here’s a look at a few of the hot-topic items that will be discussed:
- Council must approve the special event permit for this Thursday’s scheduled event in the alley behind , which hopes to continue as a regular event. Approval of the permit will include allowing Street Eats to take place 4-9 p.m. Thursday as well as May 17, June 21, July 19, Aug. 23, Sept. 20 and Oct. 18. The event showcases food truck vendors and downtown Ferndale street fare.
- will also be revisited, as it is scheduled to open this summer at 315-319 W. Nine Mile Rd. A public hearing will be at tonight’s meeting, concerning the request from Secret Cigar Vault LLC for Secreto’s redevelopment liquor license and permits for Sunday sales, dancing and entertainment, and outdoor service areas.
- Council will also decide on adopting a proposed ordinance on consumer fireworks, submitted by Fire Chief Kevin Sullivan. The ordinance will allow local government units to regulate the ignition, discharge and use of all consumer fireworks, except for the day preceding, the day of, and the day following a national holiday.
- A resolution regulating public vending spaces will be up for discussion, following recommendations made by the Board. Suggested changes to the resolution include designating specific public spaces for vending in the downtown area, specifying particular days and times of operation and setting fees pursuant to the business regulations of Ferndale’s code of ordinances. These changes will affect mobile and sidewalk vendors in the city.
- The meeting will also include several agenda items relating to open positions and promotions within city departments. Appointments to the DDA Board will also be considered.
You can view the full agenda here.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at , 300 E. Nine Mile Rd.