Every other week, Ferndale Patch will feature the recommendations of various staff members at the . This week, read about the library's soon-to-retire circulation director Patricia Lind and her top five library picks.
FPL Circulation Specialist
FPL Head of Circulation
Pat Lind has worked at the library as head of Circulation Services for 23 years. This month, she retires and we’re hosting a farewell party for her on March 31 in the library’s community room.
Lind has lived in Ferndale for 36 years. She moved to Chicago after she got married and worked as a teacher at Grand Haven Elementary, teaching 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students. She attained her Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science from Western Michigan University and started her regular shifts at the Ferndale Public Library back in 1989.
She’s married with one daughter and three grandchildren and is the indisputable baker-of-choice when it comes to the FPL Staff; we’ve always been able to rely on her spoiling us with her talents for concocting delicious cakes, brownies, cookies, and, particularly irresistible pies. Baking, however, is just one of her hobbies – she also counts sewing, knitting and crocheting.
Most of all, she loves to read. She used to be a big fan of biographies, but lately she admits she’s drifted more into the “light romance” genre. She likes Perry Mason, but, overall, doesn’t consider herself a big mystery fan. Lind said, of working at the library, that it was the people, the patrons, she enjoyed most of all – the chance to meet so many new, interesting people with which to chat about books.
Pat’s Top 5 Recommendations:
- The "Miss Julia" Books series by Ann B. Ross – “She's sassy and spirited and sharp and she does all the things we'd like to do and say," Pat Lind says.
- The many works/series of Debbie Macomber – “They're all just good 'sit-down and enjoy' books. They’re wholesome afternoon reading," Lind said.
- The Taste of Home Cookbook series – “There are always more than a few recipies in here that I just can’t live without,” Lind says.
- An Affair To Remember - Movie/DVD with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr – “It’s my very favorite movie… ever," says Lind.
- The Cake Boss series - DVD – “The cakes are just something else!! And the family is just something else too," Lind says. "But I enjoy how close knit they are. Entertaining and impressive."
Ferndale Patch thanks Patricia Lind and the Ferndale Public Library for these recommendations! Check back soon for more ideas from library staff. Are you looking for recommendations on something specific? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll pass on your questions to the library.