If you're planning to mail holiday packages to military, international or U.S. destinations, the U.S. Postal Service has announced the dates those packages must be in the mail to ensure delivery by Dec. 25.
Here's what you need to know to get your packages to their destinations on time:
Post Office Locations
- 22681 Woodward Ave. (Ferndale)
- 1221 Bowers St. (Birmingham)
- 2286 12 Mile Rd. (Berkley)
- 2844 Livernois Rd. (Troy)
- 2050 South Blvd. (Bloomfield Hills)
- 2211 S. Telegraph Rd. (Bloomfield Hills)
- 200 W. 2nd St. (Royal Oak)
- 5150 Coolidge Hwy. (Royal Oak)
Deadline Parcel Post
Dec. 14 International locations*
Dec. 10 First-Class Mail
Dec. 20 Priority Mail
Dec. 21 Express Mail
Military Shipping Deadlines*
Parcel Post service to all APO/FPO/DPO addresses is Nov. 13. Priority and First Class Mail must be sent by Dec. 3 to APO/FPO/DPO AE ZIP 093, and Dec. 10 to all other military addresses.
*The deadline for Dec. 25 delivery to Africa and Central and South America is Dec. 3. For more details on military and international mailing, visit the USPS website.