Are you staying in town this Thanksgiving? Here's everything you might need to know about what's open and when:
Run out of cranberries during your Thanksgiving dinner? Need another can of pumpkin pie filling? Or, among all the hubbub, did you forget to buy milk last week? Here's what will be open and closed Thanksgiving Day:
- Ferndale Foods, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Kroger, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sav-A-Lot, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 7-Eleven (both Ferndale locations), Open 24 hours
- Western Market, Closed on Thanksgiving
- Natural Food Patch, Closed on Thanksgiving
- Fresh Approach (Royal Oak), 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Meijer (Royal Oak), Open 24 hours
Ferndale city offices at City Hall will be closed Thursday and Friday, reopening at 8 a.m. Monday. For any problems, contact the Ferndale Police at 248-541-3650. The Fire Department can be reached at 248-546-2512, but for an emergency (or fried turkey accidents), dial 911.
The Ferndale Post Office will not be open Thanksgiving Day, nor will there be any mail delivery. The post office will be open Friday during normal business hours, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Ferndale Public Library will be closed Thursday through Sunday. The library will reopen on Monday at 10 a.m.
As for students, Ferndale Public Schools will be closed Wednesday-Friday.