Invite a friend
FESC Green Tuesday- "Recycling 101" and free bin delivery
The Ferndale Environmental Sustainability Commission will host “Recycling 101” for November’s Green Tuesday at the Ferndale Public Library. Representatives from the Ferndale DPW and SOCRRA will cover such topics as:
- Did you know that recycling directly benefits the city of Ferndale by decreasing waste disposal costs by tens of thousands of dollars?
- Did you know that recycling leads to job creation?
- Are you recycling everything you can?
- Did you know ALL plastic containers can be recycled?
- Did you know that some hangers can be recycled and others can’t? What makes the difference?
During the hours of the event, residents are also invited to stop by and place an order for free home delivery of a recycling bin. This service is provided by the Ferndale DPW. Bins are $6.00 and are half price for the month of November.
More About Ferndale Public Library
The Ferndale Public Library underwent a $4.5 million expansion in 2010 that renovated the inside, created a large meeting room and gave the library a green power system, with a geo-thermal heater and portions of its roof are also considered green as well. The library also has an expanded computer selection and children's area.
Its collection includes books, music, DVDs and other forms of media. Librarians also offer various services to help readers navigate not only the library but also opportunities for small businesses and job resources.
The library also hosts a number of meetings, events and programs, some of which include Undead Movie Mondays, Off-the-Grid Crafts, and various teen and 'tween book clubs. For a complete listing check out the library's Web site.
Other events here
- Foreclosure Prevention Seminar Daily, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm