Your Guide to the 2012 Hilton Fall Festival in Ferndale
Find out what's planned for the third annual event on Saturday.
The 2012 Garden Fresh Gourmet Hilton Fall Festival is back for a third year on Saturday promising a full day of fall traditions and affordable family fun.
The festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13.
The festival will be located on Hilton Road between Sylvan and Mapledale in Ferndale.
Hilton Road will close from Woodward Heights to Drayton at 4 p.m. Friday to allow time for set up. Hilton will close from Mapledale to Drayton at 6 a.m. Saturday and reopen by 8 p.m.
Admission is free. All-inclusive wristbands are available for $5 per child for kids ages 3 to 15, and guests ages 16+ can purchase single activity tickets for $1 to $2 each. Food from various vendors is priced separately.
These activities are included in the all-inclusive wristband:
- Hay rides
- Pony rides
- Rock climbing wall
- Inflatables & interactive games for kids and adults
- Costume contests
- Carnival games
- Face painting
- Tattoo station
- Photo station
- Arts & crafts fair
- Craft stations for kids
- Pumpkin painting
- Outdoor movie
- Music & entertainment
Some parking spaces available along Hilton Road. According to the event web site, the best places to park are at Harding Park along Mapledale, west of Hilton Road, or at Martin Road Park along Lewiston, east of Hilton Road. Organizers ask that visitors avoid parking on residential streets or in private business parking lots.
Schedule of events
- 6 a.m. - Hilton Road closes from Mapledale to Drayton.
- 8-10 a.m. - Angel Kisses 5K race on Hilton Road.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Kids’ activities, inflatables and interactive games, hayrides, concession sales, craft fair and more.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Rock wall.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Pony rides.
- 1 p.m. - Pet costume contest.
- 2 p.m. - Kids costume contest.
- 3 p.m. - Outdoor movie - Kung Fu Panda 2.
- 5 p.m. - Clean up begins.
- 8 p.m. - Hilton Road reopens.
Need more info?
For more information, visit www.hiltonfallfest.com.