Whiz Kid: Senior is on Stage, in Pit, on the Page
'My confidence in myself helps me to achieve all the things I set my mind on and more, Ferndale High School's Paige Pfleger says.
- Age: 18
- School: Ferndale High School
- Accomplishments: Paige Pfleger is a 4.0 student. She is editor in chief of The Eagle, Ferndale High School's newspaper. She has been in spring musicals since she was in third grade, played the lead in last year's musical, The Pajama Game, is president of the student enterprise theater group and recently was student director of Oklahoma! Paige is also a member of the National Honor Society, section leader for the pit in the Ferndale High School Marching Band and member of the Tuesday Night Singers. Paige has recently been accepted into University of Michigan Literature, Arts, and Science Residential College and is recipient of the Michigan Tradition Scholarship.
- Key to awesomeness: "I never stop pushing myself and I never give up," Paige said. "Once I accomplish one thing, I am on to the next. And if I fail, I make the best out of the situation, because sometimes what appears to be a failure at first can turn out to be an amazing opportunity. I am extremely passionate about music, singing, writing and a lot more, and I've never been afraid to speak up for myself. My confidence in myself helps me to achieve all the things I set my mind on and more."
Each week, Ferndale Patch seeks suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments. We want to hear about these amazing children and teens and select one each week as the Ferndale Patch Whiz Kid. Submit your nomination in our comment box below or e-mail Terry.Parris@patch.com. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- Nominator's name and e-mail address
- Whiz Kid's name, age and school
- Whiz Kid's accomplishment
- Whiz Kid's key to awesomeness (what made him/her successful?)