It's not too late to get vaccinated against the flu, according to the Oakland County Health Division.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some places in Ferndale that are offering it:
- Rite Aid, 22346 Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, 248-542-1925
- CVS/Pharmacy Store, 900 West Nine Mile Road in Ferndale, 248-543-9940
- CVS/Pharmacy Store, 539 East 9 Mile Road in Ferndale, 248-414-5761
- Kroger Pharmacy, 8920 West Eight Mile Road in Ferndale, 248-414-7232
You can use the "Flu Vaccine Finder" above to find more locations.
The Oakland County Health Division also offers the vaccine at these locations:
- 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Building 34 East, Pontiac; call 248-858-7350 to register in advance.
- 27725 Greenfield Road, Southfield; call 248-424-7120 to register in advance.
- Shots cost $16 and are available from 12-8 p.m. on Mondays and from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Call 248-858-1406 or toll free 800-848-5533 for more information on influenza.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information:
- Who should get vaccinated
- When to get vaccinated
- Selecting a flu vaccine
- Symptoms, complications and severity
- Treatment if you get the flu
- How flu spreads
Read more on Patch: