What's Open and Closed in Ferndale on July 4
Before you head out the door tomorrow, check here to find out what's open and closed on Independence Day.
- City Hall: Ferndale City Hall, including the clerk's office, city manager's office and finance department, will be closed Wednesday.
- City Clerk's office: Will be closed but many applications and forms you'd normally get from the office are available on the city website.
- 43rd District Court: Closed on Wednesday, but you can pay traffic or parking tickets online.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will be delayed one day next week because the Fourth of July falls on a weekday.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any nonemergency, call the Ferndale Police Department at 248-541-3650 or the Ferndale Fire Department at 248-546-2510.
- Post office: The U.S. Postal Service branch at 22681 Woodward will not be open on the Fourth of July, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Library: The Ferndale Public Library will be not be open Wednesday.
- Looking for something to do? The Detroit Zoo is open from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. on Wednesdays in July and August, including July 4.
- Banks: Most banks will be closed on Wednesday, so call your branch before you head out the door.
- Do you own or manage a business in Ferndale? Leave us a comment with your holiday hours or special activities.