Here's everything you might need to know about what's open and when:
Need some supplies for your holiday dinner? Or, among all the hubbub, did you forget to buy milk last week? Here's what will be open and closed:
- Ferndale Foods, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Christmas Eve; Closed on Christmas.
- Kroger, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Christmas Eve; Closed on Christmas.
- Sav-A-Lot, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Christmas Eve; Closed on Christmas.
- 7-Eleven (both Ferndale locations), Open 24 hours Dec. 24 and Dec. 25
- Western Market, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Christmas Eve; Closed on Christmas Day.
- Natural Food Patch, 9 a.m to 6 p.m. Christmas Eve; Closed on Christmas Day
City offices, library, post office
Ferndale city offices at City Hall will be closed Monday and Tuesday, reopening at 8 a.m. Wednesday. For any problems, contact the Ferndale Police at 248-541-3650. The Fire Department can be reached at 248-546-2512, but for an emergency, dial 911.
The Ferndale Post Office will be open with reduced hours on Christmas Eve (closing at noon) and there will be mail delivery.
The post office will be closed on Christmas Day and there will not be any mail delivery. The post office will reopen Dec. 26 during normal business hours, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Ferndale Public Library will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas, reopening on Dec. 26.
For some last-minute shopping, you could head to the Rust Belt Market, open until 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve (closed on Christmas Day).
Need some stocking stuffers? Woodward Avenue Candy Shop is open 12-4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
You'll also be able to get some coffee at Chazzano until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve, and 9 a.m. to noon on Christmas Day.
Want to dine out on Christmas Day? Como's will be open regular hours on Christmas Day with a buffet from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
As for students, Ferndale Public Schools started its Winter Break on Dec. 21 and classes resume Thursday, Jan. 3. Here's one of the winter break camp options available in town.