What's New at the 2012 DIY Street Fair
A 5k charity run, giant ferris wheel and more will be included in the fifth annual three-day event.
Looking forward to this year's DIY Street Fair? Here's a look at what's new at this year's event, coming up Sept. 14-16:
DIY 5k 2012 charity run
- Saturday, Sept. 15 at 10 a.m.
- Starting at Woodward Avenue Brewers.
- Proceeds benefit Ferndale Public Schools’ art programs.
- Registration online here.
More music, vendors
- 64 local and regional original bands will perform throughout the weekend on three stages.
- 130 local vendors will offer unique, handmade products.
Ferris wheel rides
- A giant ferris wheel will anchor the fair area and mark the Nine Mile Road entrance.
- Organizers hope this will improve pedestrian traffic flow between the DIY Street Fair and the Funky Ferndale art fair.
Two beer tents, new food options
- Two beer tents will offer a wide variety of Michigan beer selections.
- Favorite local food trucks and restaurants will be on site serving a wide variety of dishes - including vegetarian selections - along with locally produced ice cream and coffee.
Source: DIY Street Fair news release.