Weekend Planner: Shows Galore
Check out where to take in a comedy, a mystery and some live Skype action.
Getting your weekend planned? Check out all that's in store around Ferndale and neighboring communities. Then sit down, relax and enjoy the show.
- Where: Detroit Comics
- When: 7 p.m. Friday
- Cost: Free
- Why go: NPR's Brooke Gladstone recently created a graphic novel called The Influencing Machine. Illustrated by Josh Neufeld, Gladstone's The Influencing Machine is a comic book about the media that asks if objectivity is possible. Weigh in on what you think during the live Skype.
- What else: Visit the Detroit Comics events page for more information.
- Where:Ferndale High School
- When: 7:30 p.m Friday (gold cast) and Saturday (blue cast)
- Cost: $5 for adults, $4 for students and seniors, $3 for children younger than 12.
- Why go: Ferndale High School's Student Enterprise Theatre presents Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap, a murder-mystery show with a who-done-it plot that is fun for the whole family. By tradition, at the end of each performance, audiences are asked not to reveal the identity of the killer to anyone outside the theatre, to ensure that the end of the play is not spoiled for future audiences. The murderer's identity will be revealed near the end of the play, in a twist ending.
- What else: Tickets can be purchased at the door.
- When: 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Where: Go Comedy! Improv Theater
- Cost: $15
- Why go: The All Star Showdown is an improvised game show where the audience can be involved as little or as much as they want to be. Improv games and challenges will make up the bulk of the "game show."
- When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Cost: $10
- Why go: The Movement, narrated by Robert Redford and Warren Miller, tells the story of five individuals from all walks of life who faced incredible obstacles, found the inspiration to overcome them and became real everyday heroes. Through skiing, each has ultimately discovered or rediscovered the freedom of movement.
- What else: Buy tickets here.