Temperatures to Drop Just Above Freezing in Metro Detroit This Weekend
Expect lows to dip to the 30s and 40s this weekend in Ferndale, despite warm mid-week temperatures. Snow is possible on Monday.
Well, it was nice while it lasted.
The blast of 70-plus-degree summer temperatures this week in Metro Detroit are on their way out, according to the National Weather Service. A cold front is headed into the area and expected to drop temperatures to as low as 32 degrees.
Here's what the forecast looks like for the weekend, according to the National Weather Service:
- Friday: Showers likely, mainly before 11 a.m., with cloudy skies. They'll gradually become mostly sunny with a high near 56 degrees.
- Friday night: Partly cloudy skies are expected with a low around 36.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny skies are expected with a high near 49.
- Saturday night: Mostly clear skies and a low around 33 degrees are expected.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny skies with a high near 48 degrees.
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy skies expected with a low around 33.
Bad news: Snow is possible on Monday, according to the NWS, as temperatures are expected to fall to 44 during the day and 32 in the evening.