Schedule: Our Lady of La Salette Fall FunFest
The annual celebration that kicks off today and runs through Sunday in Berkley will include a carnival, food, free entertainment, Vegas Night, garage sale, fun run, buffet dinner, $5,000 raffle drawing and more.
The annual Our Lady of La Salette Fall FunFest kicks off today and runs through Sunday in Berkley.
The event includes food and free entertainment, as well as a carvinal, garage sale, book sale, Vegas Night, fun run, buffet dinner, $5,000 raffle drawing and more. A complete guide to Fall FunFest events follows.
- When: 5-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette Catholic School and Academy parking lot.
- Cost: Admission is free; activity prices vary.
- Why go: There will be carnival rides, food, games and more. Free entertainment will include Steve King and the Dittillies from 7 to 11 p.m. Friday and Moose & da Sharks from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday. There also will be raffles throughout the weekend including a drawing at 5 p.m. Sunday with a $5,000 prize.
- What else: Visit lasalette-church.org or call 248-541-3762 for more information.
Garage sale, gently used clothing sale
- When: Sneak preview at 5 p.m. Friday; 6-8 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette, lower level of the Fr. Landry Center.
- Cost: $5 admission for sneak preview.
- Why go: Hunt for treasures and snap up bargains on a variety of items.
- When: Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; Texas Hold'em tournament starts at 7:15 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette Catholic Church.
- Cost: Admission is $3; buy-in is $30 for $2,875 in chips.
- Why go: Try your hand at blackjack, Let It Ride or craps or buy into the poker tournament.
- What else: E-mail email@example.com or visit the La Salette Hold’Em – Berkley, MI page on Facebook for more information.
- When: 1-mile fun run/walk, 8:30 a.m.; 5K fun run, 9 a.m.
- Where: Starting at Harvard Field on the Our Lady of La Salette campus, crossing Catalpa at Bacon, and traveling through Berkley.
- Cost: 1-mile fun run/walk, $10; 5K fun run, $15; group rates available; no refunds.
- Why go: "I just want to encourage people to come out and enjoy the cool morning and appreciate the beauty of the season," race coordinator Drew Pennington said.
- What else: The race will be held rain or shine; portable bathrooms will not be available. Participants are encouraged to register in advance from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday or Saturday at the La Salette Days Fall FunFest tent. Registration also will be available on race day until 8 a.m. Racers are asked to check in by 8:15 a.m. Call Drew Pennington at 248-541-3027 for more information.
- When: 1-3 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: La Salette Fall FunFest tent.
- Cost: Adults $10, children 12 and younger $5.
- Why go: The meal, prepared by O'Mara's Restaurant, will include salad, rolls, roasted chicken, meatballs with Bordelaise sauce and noodles, vegetarian pasta with marinara sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, vegetables and dessert.