Patch Picks: Best Valentine's Date Night
Every week we'll look to our readers to help us compile a list of things to do, places to go, restaurants to eat at and whatever else we come up with.
This is the second week of Patch Picks and I think we should go through it one more time:
Patch Picks will be a weekly feature on Patch highlighting our picks and, more importantly, your picks for a number of things. We'll look and ask about great local businesses, local or near-local destination spots, local services, local organizations, ways to spend a day off, and whatever else we can think of.
We hope you'll find this list useful for you, your family, friends, and significant others. We'll look to compile the best of everything from Sunday brunch spots to summer camps to date night destinations to florists to parks and more. So, stay tuned and contribute to our lists!
We've got the tallies and if you don't agree, by all means, tell us, 'cause that's what this is all about, your input.
Patch Picks this week: Where to go for a Valentine's date night?
- From Clawson: Due Venti, 220 S. Main Street, Clawson. Due Venti offer diners a Euro-Italian dishes without the American idea of the food. Basically, don't expect everything to be covered in marinara sauce. The diner is small and intimate, two things that will surely make Valentine's Day more romantic. "Due Venti would be perfect for a Valentine's date!" said Clawson Patch reader Kristin Mack Church.
- From Ferndale: Via Nove, 344 W. Nine Mile Rd. So many to choose from in Ferndale but this was nominated by a reader with an explanation, so we went with this one. Via Nove is also an Italian cuisine place with an excellent selection of wines. There is an upstairs bar for hanging out and a downstairs dining room with great ambiance. "(Go to) Via Nove for 'spensive fanciness," Ferndale Patch reader Liz Hill said.
- From Berkley: Amici’s Pizza & Living Room, 3249 12 Mile Rd. The Living Room's intimate setting is the perfect place to split a fancy pizza pie with your sweetheart. Pick a couple cocktails from the full martini menu and imagine yourselves as old-fashioned movie stars at a secret hideout. With the lights turned down low, perhaps no one will see you lean in for a kiss!
- From Royal Oak: Pronto!, 608 S. Washington. Pronto! is featuring a special Heart-A-Glow dinner for two. Guests may start their dinner with a cocktail or bottle of wine and choose dinner for two from a special Valentine's Day menu including a salad, entree and desert per person for $49.95. The special runs Feb.11-14 after 5 p.m. Hurry in for some lovely lobster and shrimp mac-n-cheese and red velvet cake.
- For good measure: Valentine's Day Dinner for FernCare at Elegance by Design, 231 W. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale. Ferndale's free clinic FernCare is holding a benefit dinner that will feature a three-course vegetarian dinner, a wine cash bar and live jazz. "FernCare's Dinner at Elegance by Design is our choice this year. Romantic but for good cause. Entertainment included," said Ferndale Patch reader Ann Warner.
Doing something else? Tell us about it in the comments.
Next week's list: Nonprofits making a difference . Tell us about nonprofit organizations making a different in your community.