Metro Detroit Street Eats — Ferndale's food truck rally in the alley behind Rust Belt Market – returns Thursday and is here to stay.
City Council approved a special event permit on Monday for the mobile vending showcase hosted by Rust Belt Market LLC and Michigan Mobile Food Vendors Association. It will take place 4-9 p.m. one Thursday a month.
As for the first food truck rally in March, organizers say it was quite a hit, and many locals gave rave reviews, too.
So whether it's your first time attending or you'll be going back for a second helping, here's some important information to know:
If you go
- What: Metro Detroit Street Eats
- When: 4-9 p.m. Thursday
- Where: Trucks will be in the alley behind the Rust Belt Market and seating will be available inside the market.
- Cost: No cost to enter; food prices will vary.
- What else: Live music will be offered throughout the event and the market will be open for some indie shopping. More than 50 artisan vendors will also be on hand, displaying their creations.
On the menu
Look for some of these vendors participating Thursday:
- Jacque's Tacos
- Ned's Travelburger
- Frank's Anatra
- El Guapo Grill
- Chow Catering
- People's Pierogi Collective
- Treat Dreams
Here's a look at the Street Eats full schedule:
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- Aug. 23
- Sept. 20
- Oct. 18
For more information on the Street Eats event, visit RustBeltMarket.com.
Share your experience
If you do go, Patch hopes you will share your experience in a photo.
Perhaps it's the best burrito you've ever had, an awesome piece of art you scored at Rust Belt, or just the entire scene from a night out with friends and family – share it here by clicking on "upload photo" under the photo gallery.