JFK Elementary to Host 'Clean and Green Day' on Saturday
A multi-family garage sale, native plant sale and electronics recycling event will be held Saturday at JFK School in Oak Park. Proceeds will benefit JFK's PTA and Green School Committee.
John F. Kennedy Elementary School's annual Earth Week event will be held at the school from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 14.
"Clean and Green Day" has three components: a multi-family garage sale, an electronics/appliance recycling drop-off, and a native plant sale.
Shirley Sillars, a member of the JFK Green School Committee, said the electronics recycling portion of the event is new this year. The school is encouraging anyone in the area with items to donate to visit the event on Saturday.
JFK School, a state-certified "Green School" that is part of the Ferndale Public School district, is located at 24220 Rosewood in Oak Park. All proceeds will benefit JFK's PTA and Green School Committee.
Multi-family garage sale
- Household items, furniture, clothing, children's goods, collectibles, vintage items and more will be offered.
- Baked goods and beverages will be for sale in the cafeteria.
Electronics and appliance recycling
- Statewide Recycling and Recovery will be in the Rosewood parking lot to collect unwanted household and offce items.
- JFK will receive 65 percent of the net proceeds.
- See the event's Facebook page for a list of acceptable items.
Native plant sale
- Pre-order during the sale from a wide selection of easy-to-maintain fowers and plants that will attract butterfies to your garden.
- Orders will be delivered in late May.
For more information, call 248-918-9297 or visit the event's Facebook page.