Free HIV, STD Testing Offered at Affirmations
Ferndale center offering free, confidential testing at various times each week.
Affirmations in Ferndale has partnered with the Oakland County Health Division, AIDS Partnership Michigan and Michigan AIDS Coalition to offer free HIV and STD testing.
All tests are free, confidential and anonymous. Here is the current testing schedule, according to the Affirmations web site:
Michigan AIDS Coalition
- HIV and Syphilis testing every Monday and Wednesday from 6-9 p.m.
- Youth only HIV testing provided 2nd, 3rd, 4th Fridays from 7:30pm-9:00pm.
Oakland County Health Division
- HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing provided 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6-9 p.m.
AIDS Partnership Michigan
- HIV testing on Thursdays from 5:30-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-2:30 p.m.
- Youth only HIV testing provided on 1st Fridays from 7:30-9 p.m.
- "Testing Together" for male couples/sexual partners is also offered, by appointment only to ensure trained counselors are on-site. For an appointment, call 313-446-9820.
Johnny Jenkins, Affirmations’ Director of Programs, recently said in an article on CBS Detroit that expanding free HIV and STD testing services is key to the center's desire to "recommit the state’s largest LGBT community center to efforts to ending the spread of HIV/AIDS among the most vulnerable in our community."
For more information, visit www.goaffirmations.org.