Patch partnered with Treat Dreams over the past month to host a flavor contest, giving our readers the chance to help decide what Patch's ice cream flavor should be at the Ferndale ice cream shop.
To start, you shared lots of creative ideas on what you thought would make a great "Patch-y" flavor.
We handed your ideas over to Treat Dreams owner Scott Maloney and he chose his top five - which wasn't an easy task, he said, with so many great ideas.
Readers voted for their favorite over the past week, and it's time to announce the winner.
The ice cream flavor with the most votes was Ferndale Community Crunch/Ferndale Normal. Bridget Deegan-Krause came up with the combo, which she said would include mixed nuts and flakes (coconut) lovingly tied together with ribbons of caramel, and laced with a little Valentine Vodka.
Congratulations to Bridget on coming up with the winning flavor! Treat Dreams will make the combo and feature it in the store for one week, and Deegan-Krause gets to take home two free pints of the new ice cream.
Peppermint Cocoa, an idea submitted by Mary Beth Lunemann Traines, came in as a close second!
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our contest. We'll bring you more details soon on when you'll get to see the new flavor in the store.
Recap: The Top 5
1. Peppermint Cocoa: Chocolate ice cream, crushed peppermints, with a swirl of marshmallow. Submitted by Mary Beth Lunemann Traines.
2. Fruits that grow in a "patch" - strawberry/blackberry/ blueberry/raspberry - with a hint of basil in a wonderful creamy bourbon vanilla ice cream. Submitted by Michelle B.
3. Ferndale Community Crunch/Ferndale Normal: Mixed nuts and flakes (coconut) lovingly tied together with ribbons of caramel, and laced with a little Valentine Vodka. Submitted by Bridget Deegan-Krause.
4. A Patchigan Mash-Up: Avocado, Lemon grass, and Michigan Cherries (sweet or tart depending on the base ice cream mix). More details in the original comment here. Submitted by Andrew Kehrig.
5. Peanut butter, banana, cinnamon, and vegan chocolate brownie. Submitted by Jillean.