5 Things to do This Week
Here are some events to fill your week.
If you're looking to burn the candle at both ends, check out these five things:
- Tuesday: Tuesday nights at the Dharma Room, 195 W. Nine Mile Rd., the Detroit Area Tarot Guild Book Club meets. Anyone from beginners to seasoned tarot card readers is welcomed. Curious about Tarot and what the heck it all means? This is your spot.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: AJ's Cafe is known for a lot of things. Whether it's the Assembly Line concerts or the zillion hours of Danny Boy singing or the coffee (it still is a coffee shop, by the way), the people come out. AJ's also brings two open mic nights to the Ferndale scene. On Tuesday and Wednesday, those who want to get up on stage, sing, play guitar, maybe even tell a few jokes, AJ's has you covered.
- Wednesday: This one is for you, ladies. At Rosie O'Grady's on Wednesday nights, it's Ladies' Night. It's a night like any other night, except the ladies get a few drink specials the dudes don't get. Such as half-off wine and martinis. If you don't have anything to do, go grab a glass of wine and celebrate the middle of the week.
- Thursday: Jersey Shore is a television series on MTV. It follows around eight tanned and hair-gelled Jersey kids as they spent the summer on the Jersey Shore. It is a lot of things and it is successful. Now, thanks to our friends over at Go Comedy! Improv Theater, it's a show, in Ferndale. So, get your spray tan out, gel up your hair and head over to Go Comedy!
- Friday: Finish up the week with some live entertainment at the Ringwald Theatre as Who Wants Cake? kicks off its production of the House of Blue Leaves, a dark comedy by John Guare. It takes place in 1965 as the Pope visits New York City, bringing with him a few prayers and a few surprises.
So, besides work, that should keep you pretty busy this week.