We know you've been busy, but it's time to catch up. Here's a look at five popular stories on Ferndale Patch over the past week. Click on the title to see the full story.
- 'All Clear' after Brief Lockdown at Ferndale Middle, High Schools Friday
Classes had been dismissed already, but some students were still around as police searched for an 'armed intruder' believed to be in the area. The situation was resolved and there was no danger to residents, police say.
- VIDEO: Ferndale Students Raise Money for Schools With Fun Run
Students from Roosevelt Primary School and Coolidge Intermediate School participated in a Fun Run on Thursday to raise money for the PTA.
- New Ferndale Knitting Group Finds Fast Following
About 18 people attended the Knitty Gritty's second meeting this week at The Emory.
- Update: Power Restored for DTE Customers in Ferndale
A wind storm left more than 3,000 DTE customers in the city without power Monday, with the majority of outages resolved overnight. All of the area outages were resolved by Tuesday evening.
- Case of the Missing Swings Solved: City Repairing, Replacing Older Ones
If you've noticed swings gone from your favorite Ferndale parks, it's because DPW is in the process of replacing the seats and chains for safety reasons.