5 Places in Ferndale to Take Prom Photos
Ferndale High School's dance is Thursday night at the Roostertail in Detroit. Check out these pre-prom picture-taking location ideas and remember to upload your prom photos on Ferndale Patch.
Ferndale High School juniors and seniors are headed to prom Thursday night, and if the school's recent student-produced prom fashion show is any indication, they are sure to be ready to strike a pose.
If you have a son or daughter planning to attend, we know you'll want to capture the moment before they make their way to the Roostertail in Detroit. If you're still not sure where to take photos, here are some ideas:
- Going for traditional? Try Hessell Park in Pleasant Ridge. Across from Roosevelt Primary School, this park is a popular choice for prom photos, said Ferndale Schools communications director Stephanie Hall. "It's a really pretty little garden park," she said.
- Want something more unique? The cool metal sculpture outside the former Balloon Factory in Ferndale (on Livernois near Eight Mile Road) could be a fun choice, said Chris Hughes, communications director for the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority. Or consider local buildings with interesting architecture, or a place like the new John D Bistro, whose entrance is framed with long curtains.
- How about some history? You might consider one of the city's beautiful old buildings and churches, like Ferndale's oldest landmark church at 165 E. Nine Mile Rd. across from the library, which was built in 1920.
- Represent your hometown. Hughes said spots like the Downtown Ferndale sign or Woodward Tribute on the Woodward median, or any of your favorite spots in town could be a nice way to show off your hometown pride in your photos.
- There's no place like home. Prom photos taken at home are not only convenient, but your own backyard can make a beautiful backdrop. "People in Ferndale have really lovely yards," Hall said. "It's a hallmark of the community."
Don't forget to upload your photos to Patch
Wherever you decide to take your prom photos, remember to share them here! Upload your prom photos at this link.