- Organization: Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce
- Causes: Kids
- Date(s): Friday, June 15th (pre-event packet pick-up) Sunday, June 17th (race-day)
- Contact person: Shiloh Butki
- Phone: 248-542-2160
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.rainbow-run.com
The Rainbow Run is a 5k run/walk for acceptance and diversity. The run will weave through the streets of downtown Ferndale the morning of the Ferndale Pride Market Days.
Participants will receive white t-shirts with the Rainbow Run logo to wear. As participants pass six different stations along the course, volunteers will throw a different colored non-toxic powdered paint at their shirts. By the end of the race, the t-shirts will be decorated with all six colors providing a colorful reminder of the event.
However, none of this would be possible without the help of our volunteers.
We are still looking for volunteers to help with:
Friday, June 15th
pre-event packet pick-up
- Ferndale Area Chamber, 407 E Nine Mile Rd. Ferndale
- 9:45am - 1:00pm; 12:45 - 4:00pm; 3:45-7:00pm
Sunday, June 17th (Race Day)
Downtown Ferndale on the corner of Allen and W. Troy St.
race-day registration and packet pick-up
- register entrants and distribute shirts and numbers
- help keep the runners on course and safe
water station volunteers
- hand out water along the course
post-race refreshment distribution
- serve food and fluids at the finish
race course set-up and clean-up
- set-up &/or clean-up registration area, paint station and water station areas, course and signage
- 8:00am-10:00am (set-up)
- 11:00am-1:00pm (clean-up)
If you would like more information or would like to sign up to volunteer please contact Shiloh Butki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-542-2160.